In order to handle your purchases, provide customer service, improve our products, provide in-person experiences or events and send you information on our products, trends, and promotions, we may ask you to provide, and/or may collect, the following categories of information:
1. Information You Provide to Us: We collect any information you enter on our website, or information that you give us in any other way, such as your:
a. contact details (such as your name, postal addresses, phone numbers and email addresses),
b. demographic information (such as your age or age range and gender),
c. online registration information (such as authentication information),
d. payment information (such as your credit card information and billing address),
e. information provided as part of online questionnaires (such as responses to any customer satisfaction surveys or market research),
f. competition entries/submissions,
g. in certain cases your marketing preferences, an
The above information is considered Personally Identifiable Information. You can choose not to provide certain Personally Identifiable Information, but you may not be able to take advantage of our services and features.
2. Automatic Information: When you visit a website, you disclose certain information, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the time of your visit. This is considered Non-Personally Identifiable Information. This website, like many other sites, records this basic information about visits to our website.
3. “Cookies” and “Web Beacons”: Cookies are pieces of information that are transferred to your computer from a web server. Most browsers are set up to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to have your browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or to refuse to accept cookies. A Web Beacon is an often-transparent graphic image, usually no larger than 1 pixel x 1 pixel, that is placed on a website or in an email that is used to monitor the behavior of the user visiting the website or sending the email. It is often used in combination with cookies.
4. Data from Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to analyze visitor trends and enhance our communications with you. Google Analytics is an analytic tool that transmits website traffic data to Google servers for analysis. Information sent to Google includes the URL of the page you’re visiting and your IP address. Our use of Google Analytics may involve transmission of Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”), for example through the recording of a cookie identifier called the GA Client ID. For more information on how Google uses your data, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
We do not collect any Personally Identifiable Information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us, such as when you register for our services and register your e-mail address with us, or submit your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products or services on our site or at in-person events.
The information we collect is used for administering our business activities. Occasionally we may use the information to notify you about changes to our website, new services, or special offers. We may use the information to process your requests and product orders; communicate with you about our products, services, offers, events and promotions, and offer you products and services we believe may be of interest to you.
We may also use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to analyze trends and enhance our communications strategies with you; to improve the quality of our online guest services; and to show our ads on other websites and services based on information collected about your use of our website.
We may also use this information for system administration to diagnose problems with our servers and software or to administer our site.
If you specifically consent to additional uses of your personal data, we may use your personal data in a manner consistent with that consent.
Information about our users is important to us. We do not sell, trade, or rent Personally Identifiable Information to others. We may share your information with our third-party service providers that work on our behalf, including by providing or fulfilling the products and services you request, authorizing and processing your payments, performing fraud protection and credit risk reduction, marketing and promotional material distribution, website and application evaluation, data analysis, website improvements, and, where applicable, data cleansing, marketing, promotions and other services performed on our behalf.
We may contract with third-party marketing companies to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. They may collect non-personal information about your visits to our website, and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use non-personal information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements for goods and services. These targeted advertisements may appear on other websites that you visit. The anonymous information is collected through the use of technology such as Cookies and Web Beacons. No Personally Identifiable Information is collected in this process.
Third-Party Payment Processors
The privacy and protection of your information is important to us. We do not make any personal information available to third parties without your permission. Except as provided herein, Biza will not share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for marketing purposes. In accordance with our third party policies, however, a third party advertising management service (such as Google) may monitor your activity on our website. In addition, Biza may contract with service providers to maintain and manage our customer information and website, to distribute event information to you, to fulfill promotions, to fulfill orders, and to communicate with our customers.
We do not authorize any of these service providers to make any other use of your information. Biza reserves the right to disclose information about you as required by law, in response to legal process and law enforcement requests, and as necessary to protect the property, interests and rights of Biza.
In addition, we take appropriate organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure or is ever completely secure or error-free. Please note that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any user name or password you use.
We retain any personal data provided by you for as long as your inquiry is active (as determined by us) and for a reasonable time thereafter, or if applicable, for as long as you remain on our marketing list. Even if we delete some or all of your personal data, we may continue to retain and use aggregate, anonymous data previously collected and/or anonymize and aggregate your personal information.
If, at any time, you wish to be removed from our mailing list, send an e-mail to email@example.com with “Unsubscribe” in the subject line. We will see that you are removed from the list and receive no further communications.
If you supply us with your postal address online you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new vintages, products or upcoming events. If you supply us with your telephone number online you may receive telephone contact from us with information regarding orders placed online or information on new vintages, products or upcoming events.
To opt out of receiving electronic marketing communications from us, you may (1) follow the “unsubscribe” instructions contained in any emails you receive, (2) send a blank email with “unsubscribe” in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address you would like removed, or (3) send us a request at the address in the Contact Us section below. We will endeavor to comply with all requests as soon as reasonably practicable.
You may opt-out of or restrict the placement of cookies on your device or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on many mobile devices. If you delete your Cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your opt-out choice.
Biza does not sell your personal information to third parties.
You can request access to all of your Personally Identifiable Information by sending an email to email@example.com. You can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Biza is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
You can request to have Biza update, correct or delete your personal information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Biza may decline a request to delete personal information if maintaining the personal information is necessary for the business to:
1. Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by the consumer, or otherwise perform a contract between Biza and the consumer.
2. Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
3. Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
4. Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
5. Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
6. Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when Biza’s deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if the consumer has provided informed consent.
7. To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of the consumer based on the consumer’s relationship with Biza.
8. Comply with a legal obligation.
9. Otherwise use the consumer’s personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information.
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, Biza does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
Our website is not intended for people under the legal drinking age of 21. We do not seek or knowingly collect any personal information from or about individuals under the age of 21. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from an individual under the legal drinking age, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to locate and delete such information from our database.